- Can I sign up to volunteer and decide to participate in specific events later?
Yes. Once you sign up as a volunteer, you will receive updates for our upcoming events. With your volunteer sign-in account, you can register yourself for whichever events best suit your time and availability.
- What do I bring to a gleaning?
Mostly your enthusiasm and generous heart. ProduceGood will supply tools and instructions after you register for an event.
- What should I wear to a gleaning?
Comfortable shoes, a hat, and sunscreen. Additional details will be provided on an event-by-event basis.
- How long are the gleaning sessions?
Typical sessions are 2-3 hours on a Saturday or Sunday. We will do our best to start on time so we can make the most of your time and energy.
- What if I have a physical disability, can I still volunteer?
Gleaning is physical labor on uncertain terrain in varying weather and locations. Most of our pick locations are not equipped for those with disabilities or mobility issues. You are very welcome to help our organization by volunteering in other ways. We need lots of help! Please contact us to find out more.
- Can my employer or community organization volunteer as a group?
Yes, please contact us directly for more information on registering a group. Corporate groups find gleaning to be fun and a great team-building experience.
- What if I am unable to attend an event I signed up for?
No problem. You can update your event registration from within our web friendly volunteer database. Convenient links will be embedded within reminder emails, as well.
Still have question? Contact us!
By Phone: (760) 492-3467
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org